Hard Boiled Egg
This food in my palm is oblong.
It feels like porcelain flannel sheets.
When my fingers are joined, it sits secure
with its small end up.
I crack the sheets and unfold.
A mosaic pattern peals around uncovering more white.
It feels like my eyeball
I break it in half
exposing a yellow ball covered by green-blue film--
Feeling like old tofu--
Crumbling like feta cheese--
Tasting dry--
It gives me the hiccups.
This food in my palm is oblong.
It feels like porcelain flannel sheets.
When my fingers are joined, it sits secure
with its small end up.
I crack the sheets and unfold.
A mosaic pattern peals around uncovering more white.
It feels like my eyeball
I break it in half
exposing a yellow ball covered by green-blue film--
Feeling like old tofu--
Crumbling like feta cheese--
Tasting dry--
It gives me the hiccups.
No comments:
Post a Comment